Yes, there has been some word about developments of the Divison 2. The supporting studios that continue to make The Division possible – Red Storm, Reflections, Annecy – will also play roles in The Division 2’s development. More information will be revealed at E3 this year, and we cannot wait to see what UBISOFT has in store for us!
UBISOFT has confirmed that this does not mean that work on Division 1 is not coming to a halt. They are going to continue supporting the game as we look forward to the following timeline of content:
- April – Update 1.8.1 which includes the Xbox One X patch and the implementation of Classified drop rate changes discussed on a previous State of the Game. They are also introducing two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
- May – New Global Event: Onslaught.
- June – Update 1.8.2 which will introduce two more Legendary mission modes and bring back Global Event: Outbreak. This update also marks the beginning of the brand new Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2!
- July – Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
- August – Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
- September – Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.
It has been quite the journey so far, and they are just getting started.